That’s right… time for the semi-annual Keene Software blog theme upgrade. I’m staying on WordPress mostly because it would require effort to do something else. They say flat is the new black so this theme is all that. The down side with the new theme is I have to go in and re-crop/edit the pictures - Read More-
This is another idea site that just popped to me. It came together very quickly once I had the idea. I spent a few days shopping around for a good site template to build it on, then spent a couple of weekends roughing it out. I launched it about a week ago, had a few friends and strangers give it some shakedown to work through the bugs and I deem it now ready for full on gawking.
I’ve been doing some website housecleaning recently and with my company name change, the old keenesoftware.com site just wasn’t up to par. The blog on the new company site will just be company related posts, no personal posts. So I figured I’d convert this site over to just a personal blog. - Read More -
Ask anyone who owns a service business if they know how to provide good customer service and they will all say “yes.” They will offer to send the customer an email with an appointment that can be added to their calendar. They will contact the customer when the service technician is on their way or if they are running late. They will leave a note or work order indicating what service was performed. They might follow up after the service was performed to ensure the customer was happy with the service that was done. If the service is one that should be done periodically (pest control, air conditioner cleaning), they will contact the customer when it’s due and try to schedule it.
OK, so I’ve finally gotten around to setting up a Vista machine as my main machine. I opted to go with an SSD drive for the system drive and planned on putting all the user data on a different drive. After doing a little research, the best solution to accomplish this with the least amount of hastle (or so I thought) would be to copy the content of Users to the new drive and set up a junction (symbolic link) to the new location. Well, that was certainly easier said than done. - Read More -
I’ve been using the latest version of BlogEngine.Net and in the process of upgrading to Visual Studio 2008, I reorganized the solution for the whole site. It’s now simpler to maintain and I’m now on a near-pristine copy of BlogEngine.Net which will make picking up future updates quite a bit easier. As is usually the - Read More-